Monday 5 May 2014

#projectmapleavenue - The Powder Room

The #projectmapleavenue home that I was working on is complete, however one of the 3 parties involved in the building process has decided to make it their personal home for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years. We naturally taking the next step & finishing off each room & making it liveable with lots of prettiness.

My first room is the powder room & here's what were working with, sorry no befores:(
a long & skinny room with 9 ft ceiling & crown mouldings
a charcoal grey stained floating vanity with white top
dark stained wood floor
a pair of decorative wall sconces
a hanging ceiling light with "floating" blown glass balls

My directions were simple-
$500 max not including the labour, however my first thought was to use a striking wallpaper, but to stay within budget I've had to ex-nay the wallpaper-nay.

I've come up with 2 different plans. Now the vanity I have on the boards is not the exact same but close enough for board purposes.

The first is to create horizontal stripes with paint using 1 white & 2 shades of grey, a sculptural mirror to brake up all of the lines & a piece of photography that creates some movement.



The second is to add panel moulding on all of the walls & paint it white. I'd love to wallpaper the ceiling in a simple geometric pattern or re-create the pattern in paint. A large mirror & a photograph of a Paris street scene will finish this space off perfectly.


Which do you prefer?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.