Thursday 7 April 2016

The Roof Top Servery - One Room Challenge Week 1

It's that time of year again, the birds chirping, new buds sprouting on branches & the bikes are out. This could only mean one thing... It's One Room Challenge Time!!!




Linda from Calling it Home had a super awesome idea a number of years ago. Select 20 uber talented design bloggers to re-create a room in 6 weeks, all while documenting & sharing the ups downs & in-betweens with readers. This happens every Wednesday.


To catch up on the main 20's posts from yesterday click here.

I've joined in on the fun once again as a linking participant. There 100+ of us & we will post on Thursdays. I spent a few years as a spectator but decided to join in on the fun last fall. To see my very first ORC click here. I had a blast the first time, so I'm biting the bullet once again.

For this season I have selected the roof top servery at my Mom's multi-level townhouse. They are currently undergoing renovations, but before we gut the kitchen, we thought to complete this area next, this way they have a kitchen-like space while they are kitchenless on the main floor. This area also made the most sense for a few other reasons. The main outdoor entertaining space, is the roof top terrace & they love to entertain, so with summer just around the corner & knowing it will be done in 6 weeks we're going for it.

This is what the space looked like just after they moved in. Nothing about this says outdoor entertaining to me, just sadness.



When I saw the area, within a few minutes I knew exactly the direction I wanted to take & I was told if I can have this space done in 6 weeks I could basically do whatever I wanted.

Here is my design plan.
Fresh, Crisp, Clean, Textural, Bold, Graphic & a little bit of Whimsy.


This is what the space looks like now all gutted & ready for greatness.










Heres the master list of things to complete:

replace flooring
built millwork
counter top
backsplash
black glass floating shelf
wall lights
stairwell lighting
sink
faucet
make & install under counter skirt
art
bring in a fridge & dishwasher
cabinet hardware
door hardware
paint exterior door
paint walls including the stairwell
carpet stairs
paint handrail 
accessorize

I'm tired just thinking about all of this.
Please check out my fellow guest linkers here.

Until next week......



23 comments:

  1. Love your design plan. My favourite colour palette! Can't wait to see it all come together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabrina - I'm really excited about it too!

      Delete
  2. I am tired looking at all the stuff you have planned, too! Seriously, I hope you get things done within that short few weeks. I will check out yours from last year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed - I pulled off a complete bathroom last time, I hope it was because of my organizational skills & not just luck:)

      Delete
    2. The bathroom you did looked beautiful (I checked out the link). You've got this!

      Delete
  3. I am in love with your first ORC makeover! And your plan for this one - can't wait to see how it all comes together. You have quite a list - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your inspiration board! your graphics looks fun and punchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED your bathroom last round. Can't wait to see what you do with this space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, I'm looking forward to what you are planning too!

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you jumping in again, isn't it addictive? I'm LOVING the touch of whimsy you have planned. It's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa, Yes this hole ORC is very addictive & the sense on community is wonderful too!

      Delete
  7. Oooooh I LOVE your design plan!!! I wish I had a space like this in my house, it's the kind of space that you can really have fun with and your plan is perfect. That's a long list of things to do, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley & big props to your for taking on your 5th space! It will be great.

      Delete
  8. Your design plan is perfection, I can't wait to see it all come together!! Thanks for checking out my post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy, I just hope everything comes together in time!

      Delete
  9. I love your design plan! What a unique space in your home to get to design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a neat little space right?! Thank your for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to see your design plan come to life! I'm excited to follow your room during the ORC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun space and great plan! Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always impressed with what you come up with! I cannot wait to see how this space comes together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.