Monday 2 June 2014

A New Project #projectennisclaire & Some Stationary

I have begun working with a very nice older couple who are moving from their home of 48 years into a condo. We are working with what they have - meaning there will be very little new purchases. A few key items will be re upholstered, the addition of decorative pillows & window covering will be put to good use in achieving an updated feeling to all of their existing pieces. I came up with 4 different furniture layout plans, here's the one they chose.


Here's the scheme for the living room.


I am having to work with the colours dark blue & a creamy golden shade.  There are 2 existing swivel chairs in a dark blue with golden dots. The dining room chairs seats are covered in a dark blue & golden large lattice pattern, a navy blue tone on tone berger chair & the Mr.'s light caramel coloured leather lazy boy - which I was told MUST stay!

The main piece in the room is going to be their sectional sofa which will be reupholstered in a beautiful textured warm neutral shade (the background fabric above). The floral, stripe & silk buffalo check fabric shown above will all be used as pillows on the various furniture pieces to add some personality & visual interest.

The blue & cream silk will be used on the windows - I pushing for simple drapery panels but the lady of the house is hoping for a valance. We'll see who wins this one! 


In the master bedroom we are simply going to reupholster an existing chair & ottoman with a lovely & soft textured shade of butter, paint the walls as well as add new window coverings & a few pillows with this great floral fabric. 

I still have to finalize the kitchen & I will be sure to show you that later this week. All going well we are simply going to paint the walls, add a window treatment, change the old laminate counter to a quartz product, undated the back splash, add an under mounted sink & faucet.  That being said we are leaning towards this fabric for the kitchen.


If you know me or are a regular follower over her at TPZ then you know this is not my usual style but  I do like a challenge & more importantly I want to make my client happy so if this is what they want this is what they shall receive! 

Now onto something that is most definitely my style.
I receive my new cards & stationary earlier this week for the super awesome Pam from Pixelimpress.


I'm dying over the marble on the inside - they are my colours & as soon as I saw it I was like "I gotta have that!"

I also received my fabric labels from Ikaprint, also with my logo that will be used on any of my hand painted fabric & custom drapery.  Thank you to for making these happen.


Have a wonderful Monday friends.


3 comments:

  1. "light caramel coloured leather lazy boy - which I was told MUST stay!" Hilarious! But it looks like you're definitely up for the challenge, those fabric choices are wonderful, really loving the floral. And the stationary is gorgeous! I'm loving your new logo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral fabrics are so pretty and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new cards and tags...your logo is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you are utilizing the floor plan. The client will definitely get to maximize the space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.