Thursday 29 May 2014

#projectmapleavenue Continues With The Living Room


#projectmapleavenue is moving along nicely & while the powder room is in progress we have moved onto the living room. This room doesn't need much fussing, everything that you see will remain, we're basically putting on the finishing touches. I'm sticking to a very neutral colour scheme, white, cream, natural linen with hits of black & just a splash of purple.

On this end of the room, the plan is to use a sofa table where 2 tall black lamps will sit proudly. My client already has the glass so we are having 2 very simple square columns made & will be painted white. The antique chair on the right is going to be reupholstered in one of my hand painted textiles.  


The large open space is calling out for a coffee table or large button tufted ottoman.

On the opposite side of the room. The windows will be treated with sheer to still allow for light but to also attend to privacy.


Each of the wings chairs will accommodate a pillow. Here are the fabric options thus far.
As for art, the iris watercolour below will hang on the wall beside the sofa. My client & I have a project up our sleeves for the wall you see when you enter the room, it's between the 2 tall windows.
I can't wait to see how it turns out, think large scale!


So that's that!
Next week I will introduce you to the library.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great space to work with! The pillow fabric choices are fabulous, especially the first one, can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.