Monday 5 October 2015

A new project intro: #projectspruce

With fall comes cozy sweaters, boots, Pumpkin Spices Latte's & as the temps continue to dip, were spending more time inside. So what better reason to spruce things up in your home! 

I began working with a new client a few months ago & we are going ahead full force. Nothing structural just prettying things up with furniture, art, rugs, pillows, drapery, reupholstery... ya know! 

We chose to begin with the master bedroom. My goal for this Mom of 2 was a soft, light & airy space where she can relax & recharge. The walls were freshly painted in a beautiful shade of light blue grey & there was new bedding in white with various shades of purple. I used these as my starting point.

Here's the design board I presented & with a few minor tweaks we were off to the races.



I went to my favourite showroom, Kravet & we ended up with some pretty fabrics from Calvin Klein, Barbra Barry & Jeffrey Allan Marks


We purchased a pair of these bedside lamps from West Elm.


This piece of photography titled Afterglow by Lindsay Ferraris is for over the dresser. We had it framed & matted in white, along with this amazing custom coloured brushstrokes lamp from Jana Bek.




Grandma's rocking chair went from this


 to this!


The area rug from Rugs USA came in to ground this very large space along with the custom bench I had made for the end of the bed.


We still need to hang these water colour originals that we had commissioned by an artist friend. A series of 8 f them were framed in acrylic boxes & will hang over the bed.


The drapery fabric has been on the longest back order ever, but I know its going to be completely amazing & totally worth the wait on the 4 large windows in the room. Professional pics to come!

Have a wonderful Monday.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.