Tuesday 23 June 2015

#Projecthillview - The Plans & B's bedroom design

Good Morning Friends!
It's been a while, but I am back after the move & with demo having started on #projecthillview I have lots to share. While I was making kitchen & bathroom decisions, tiles, windows, hardwood & appliances selections, a valuable member of my team turned my hand sketches into CAD.

Here is the before plan.


We had 2 different plans created. The first was to keep all 3 bedrooms on the main floor. The second was to have a master suite & den on the main floor & the kids bedrooms in the basement.
After looking at the options & thinking long term living & at resale, it made the most sense to us to keep the kids upstairs. Trading off slightly smaller bedrooms with a very large family living space in the basement. 


The bedroom side of the house has been demoed & by Friday the entire main floor will be ceiling & studs.

Over the weekend I finalized B's bedroom, her's is bedroom #2. Other than having a built in daybed & closet, like below I knew that I wanted her to have a whimsical wallpaper but not too kid like.
B knew she wanted a disco ball, of all things!!!



Knowing that I had just ordered this Lee Jofa woven rug for her room - for a steal I might add.


I gave her these 3 wallpaper options.

Cole & Son Flamingos



Birds & Butterflies by Schumacher


Can you guess which one she picked?


The millwork, ceiling & trim is going Benjamin Moore Oxford White - my go to white! The
Issac brass ball Schoohouse Electric wall sconces will be a perfect fit on either end of the bed. I gave her a disco ball like she asked for, along with this amazing pendant from Black Rooster & low & behold she LOVES the BR one! This will cast beautiful shadows on the wall.

Well that all she wrote for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.