Wednesday 19 March 2014

Wednesday Wants - Sleek White Kitchen

It's been a whole week since my last post & I've missed you!
There has been lots of action at the house with the whole project #pineavenuespruceup
I think now it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

We're moving!
There I said it!

We have no idea where we are going but where ever it is, is going to be fixer upper & hopefully all of the dirty work can be done before we move in.  After 10 years we have decided that it's time to move on. We have definite ideas on the desired finished look & feeling. Mid Century Modern meet the Hollywood Hills is how I would describe the overall feeling. 

Floor to ceiling windows, walnut floors & a sleek, smallish functional kitchen, that is somewhat closed off from the rest of the space. Having lived with the open concept kitchen, dining & great room space. I have summed up that I don't really love it. When were done in the kitchen I don't want to see it!

 I was reading the latest issue of Domaine & fell in love with this kitchen.


This is the work of Neal Beckstedt
The off centred hardware. The reflective edging of the counter tops, uppers over the stove top & the kick give the illusion that everything is floating.  I also enjoy how the pantry wall & cooktop wall have been framed out & the millwork is set back.

Infact this entire apartment is straight up my alley, it sums up the feeling of the new house in a nut shell.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.