Monday 16 December 2013

B Turns 5 - Under the Sea Party

As I told you on Friday we were very brave & would be hosting both the kids birthday parties on Saturday. 
If you have gotten a glimpse of my Instagram it was very apparent that I dove into these parties head first!
B wanted a Disney Princess Party with Ariel, The Little Mermaid, but I'm not so good at the literal theme party! With that being said we chose an Under The Sea theme & Ariel would come for a visit.

So B picked out this sea shell ombre cake & I loved its colour scheme, so I ran with that.
B also wanted to do a craft & give away magic wands.


Here is the recap of B's Party in pictures & how I took the ideas & these inspirational images & turned them into reality for my magical 5 year old! 










The girls nibbled on cream cheese & cucumber starfish sammies, veggies & dip in tiny pails, fruit kabobs & sea creature crackers & sipped pink lemonade.
The table was playful decorated with seashells, crystal gems, coral candy & each place setting was finished off with a gold coin.


I also picked up some small picture frames, sprayed them in our sea foam colour & created name places.


The dreams of the ombre cake was not to be (none of my cake making sources were available) so instead we make chocolate cupcakes & topped them off with lots of whipped cream, pink flakey sprinkles and some white chocolate shells & starfish.


When it came time for the craft, the girls wanted nothing to do with the toilet paper roll octopus, so instead then drew & bedazzled under the sea mermaids pictures.




Being a total surprise to the girls, Ariel arrived!
I have never seen a group of kids so mesmerized. They played games, sang, danced, got their nails painted, had a little make up.
Then B was crowned an official princess! To top off a great party B told me it was her best party ever & she is already talking about what she would like to do next year!

I love putting together ideas, menus & decor ideas for a party, I've been thinking that I might need to add this to my repertoire. There is such satisfaction seeing it all come together.

Make sure you stop by again tomorrow, I'll recap Oakley's Lego Party!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.