Thursday 7 November 2013

The staircase is getting a makeover


I mentioned here a while back that we have plans of one day replacing the staircase & all of the hardwood  throughout the house to match what we used in our master bedroom.

Honestly the "orangey" tone of the current stain is really bugging me, like major, but I will keep the existing leopard runner we currently have - I still love it.

So to tie us over, I have a few different ideas going on in my head, to update the staircase / foyer.

In addition to the stairs I'm thinking of a pretty ceiling fixture, having the doors in the space painted black, adding to the gallery wall, maybe changing out the door hinges from brass to black & replace the satin nickel scrolly door handles to a simpler black oval knobs & possibly adding a back plate.

My first thought is to paint it the stringer, risers & spindles white and having the treads & the railing painted a lovely shade of black, like these. 





Option #2 is that the spindles go black too.


Idea #3 is to have everything painted out white like this.


Then this space created by the cool Kelly Weastler keeps creeping into my mind.
All black.



What are you thoughts? What's happening on your stairs? 

I've gotta make a decision soon, so I can get this done before the holidays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.