Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Sofa Of My Dreams

While I was going through my daily scan on Pinterest I saw this is & almost fainted.


This piece of heaven is from Furbish, I quickly went to have a closer look & it's not in their website so it must be just an in store item. Oh how I would love something like this.

So it got me thinking about a DIY project.

I can whip up some of my intertwine on a creamy white outdoor canvas (for durability) & replace the current bench in the mud room - Yes I can see my husband rolling his eyes yet again at my idea!
We currently have one of these mass produced inexpensive fake dark brown leather things & I think walking into the house after a long day and seeing something beautiful would be oh so nice.




With all that being said, the hunt is now on for a settee that's looking for a new home. Here are some of my finds on Craigslist & Kijiji.



The size of these 2 above are perfect, but $600 each - not happening!





I love all of the above, but too big and $$$


This settee is perfect, but I don't need the chairs & the set can't be broken - boo!


I think this is the one & only 200 bones. 
We'll remove the button tuffting on the back and add a loose & fluffy down filled seat cushion & add some fun throw pillows.

There are a few small & minor other things to figure out in the mudroom, but I like how my plan is coming along & will be sure to share it with you once I've got it nailed down.

Well I'm off to select all of the flooring & tile for Project Maple Ave. So I'll share all of that with you tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.