Friday 30 August 2013

Give A Piece A New Lease on Life #2

Last week I shared some of my thrifty finds makeovers befores & afters.

I have a few more...


These cubes that sit at the end of my bed were picked up from a garage sale, $10 for the pair.
They were terrible, the fabric was all worn out, stained & there were sad little tassels
hanging off each corner. I saw past all that & I liked the shape. Lots of button tuffting,
gold velvet & some simple black stained feet & they are perfect!

Some cream paint, turquoise leather & polished nickel nailhead make these Hair Salon chairs amazing.

I scored these for $5 each at the Salvation Army. I loved the simple shape, low back and
the rectangular seat. Black paint and one of my favourite abstract floral fabrics on the seat make
them a perfect choice for my sewing room.

There is no before of this chair, but it was in rough shape. The wood & round shape of the legs
continued up the arm and across the top and was all chipped. So I opted to spray paint
 the legs in a platinum colour and upholster over the "bad wood" by using a linen with
colourful velvet stripes from JJFabrics to give it personality.


My foyer bench came from Moveline and was in great shape but the fabric was terrible.
The was painted black and the seat & piping were upholstered in this
remnant stripe.  It also acts as the occasional time out bench!

We are enjoying the last few days of summer vacation with a trip to the CNE today & some family time. I will also be squeezing in some time to make a few new items for the shop.

Monday is a holiday north of the border, so I'll be back Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.