Tuesday 9 August 2016

#projectdouglas - Pre teen Bedroom Design

Hello Tuesday! 

Yesterday I introduced you to #projectdouglas if you missed it you can see it here. Along with the family room, den /office & powder room refresher thats happening, I'm also completing a pre teen bedroom & this girl knows what she wants- black, white & blue!

Here is the existing bedroom. Light pink walls, a pale mint green ceiling with cream wood work.





 I came up with 2 different design boards.

OPTION #1


OPTION #2



Luckily my little client like a combination of both board, so it's going to be a mash up.

Everything is going white, BM Oxford White to be exact. Oxford White is one of my faves because its a clean crisp white with just a tinsy hint of grey & the bed wall is getting a coat of BM Yosemite Blue.

Before I came on the scene, my client had already replace the ceiling fixture with the industrial black sputnik light. All of the existing furniture is staying with the exception of the low bookshelf in the corner - thats leaving! We're adding 3 floating white shelves above the think black metal framed desk for books, a few storage boxes & all of the things a 10 year old wants to display!

The window is going to receive a white roman blind with blue banding down the sides and bottom & oversized black pom poms along the bottom edge. We are also replacing the mirror over the dresser & creating a small gallery wall of some fun colourful prints that will emphasize the blue & also sprinkle in a few other fun colours.

New bedding has been purchased, blue sheets, a black & white duvet cover in a simple graphic print. Black & white striped euro shams, a pair of blue croc velvet pillows & a mongolian fur lumbar will finish off the bed.

I think that's it for now. I'll check back in with a progress update in a few weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.