Wednesday 10 December 2014

Table Favors. A Simple How To.


If you saw my Instagram feed over the weekend you will see that I was putting together some table favours for my husbands work party. It was a super simple & fun little DIY of sorts & I am happy with the outcome.

I started by visiting my local craft store, Michaels. I selected some black paper bags & a white stamp pad. I had a rubber stamp already from another project & knew that I wanted to use it again for a simple & graphic message.

I began by laying out all of the bags & stamping the centre of one side of the bag - the flat side, not the side where the bottom is folded up - that sounded confusing right!



I wanted to fill each bag with a sweet & crunchy little treat. I filled clear plastic bags with 1 1/2 cups of Maltesers. Placing the contents in a plastic bag is an important step. I learned the hard way last year that the oils from the treats will leak throughout the paper & leave icky oily marks - not cool!
FYI - This is what $30 of  Maltesers looks like.


Once the plastic bags were filled I placed them into the paper bags. I didn't want to hole punch & do ribbon bows again, I've done it before. I found myself wandering around Michaels looking for ideas & then I stumbled upon these super fun clothes pins. They were so perfect & kept with my black & white theme.


Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.