Friday 23 August 2013

Give A Piece A New Lease On Life #1

I mentioned in my 25 Things post here, that I love to scour my local Salvation Army home section for items that I can make my mark on. I do go other places besides the Sally Ann for my treasures. I like Moveline, garage sales, the odd HomeSense piece & the curb works for me too!
For those of you who don't know about Moveline, it is a warehouse that sells furniture that originated for major hotel chairs around North America.

Below are some of my treasures.

I gold leafed this HomeSense tables steel base & finished the top with a multiple coats of high gloss white paint. It now sits in my family room.

I picked this up off the curb, it was in perfect condition. So, I upholstered the seat with a vintage fur jacket purchased from Kijiji & gave it a coat of black paint.

This pair of lamps came from a little shop in cottage country. I gave them a new coat of glossy turquoise paint, new crystals and white feather shades & quickly sold the pair!

This was my first Moveline purchase for $55. The chair was painted high gloss black & was upholstered in a Thom Filicia fabric with a black & white striped piping, it now sits proudly in my living room.

This stool had a beautiful wood carved base, but was well past it's prime. After some white paint and  Lilly Pulitzer's Tail Lights fabric it's perfect.

This chair was from The Salvation Army I gave it lick of gold paint and a faux sheepskin upholstered seat. The same person who bought the stool above purchased this.

I've broken this into a 3 part series, since I have so many pieces to share with you.

If you have given a piece a new lease on life & want to share it here leave me a comment & I'll feature it!

Thank goodness day #8 on the #30daysquatchallenge is a rest day...I'm sore!

Have a Great Weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.