Monday 22 April 2013

Weeked Update...

I trust and hope a lovely weekend was had by all. Mine was nice.

I got my hair done Saturday, nothing crazy just the usual, highlights and a "aircut". Only the teeniest bit off the ends, if anything really, since I am still trying to get a few more inches in the length.
I love a little salon time, it makes me happy!


Sunday we celebrated my Grandad's Birthday with a luncheon for about 150.
Then the immediate family members gathered at my home for dinner. We indulged in pizza, wings, ice cream & brownies and some good old fashioned family.

On April 17th he turned, 80!!!

Grandad is a truly special guy, a real family man.
He and my Nanny have been married for 59 years & together they have built a family.
There are 3 kids, 5 grand kids and 3 great grand kids, including spouses that's 21 of us.

G-dad, as my husband lovingly refers to him, has been a carpenter / builder for his entire life. 
He is very talented and can make just about anything from inlaid wood cutting boards to houses.
He takes pride in what he creates.
As a child I remember going to his workshop & we would make things together.
He always had a special treat for me in his desk drawer, mints, Kit Kat or Chicklets gum.

I think that I love the smell of saw dust because it reminds me of him.
G-dad and I hung out a lot together when I was young so it makes me happy that now my kids get to spend time with him too.

Happy Birthday to a one in a million Grandad.

Me & Grandad 1979

Have an awesome Monday.

Hollie xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.