Wednesday 27 January 2016

Hello, Thank you & #projectspruce

Hello friends! 
My last post was the reveal of my first one room challenge. All the comments & messages I received about this space were so positive & I thank you all so very much for the sweet words. It was fun & I will most defiantly be linking up for the spring round. 

If you follow me on Instagram & Facebook then you know that we finally moved in to #projecthillview in mid November. I have been keeping busy with projects around the house, but more on that later in the week. I have also been working on a few client projects & over the next few weeks I will fill you in on those spaces too.

#projectspruce began back in July & since then we have completed the main floor, the master (which you can read about here) & the kids bedrooms. I am hoping to have the house photographed in the next month or two, so professional photos are on the agenda but for now you will have to deal with my amateur pics from my iPhone!

After the master was underway we began working on the living room. My client had furniture but she wanted to start fresh with this space, so everything went with the exception of 2 pieces of artwork that we picked from her existing collection. She was looking for a space where her & the kids to hang out read, play games & entertain, oh & no TV.
Here is the layout I came up with.





My client suggested we go to La-Z-Boy to look for the new furniture pieces. I know what your thinking because I thought the exact same thing, very large & bulky leather recliners. But much to my surprise they had some great pieces. Let me preface by saying I NEVER buy everything from the same store but in this case we got lucky. One & a half hours later we had ordered up 2 sofas, a pair of chairs, a sideboard, coffee table, 2 lamps & 2 side tables.



Here are the final fabric selections. We chose navy chenille for the 2 sofas & the 2 swivel chairs were going in a watercolour inspired floral from the La-Z-Boy collection of fabrics. I then built the rest of the fabric story for the 2 leather cubes, drapery & pillows.



We chose a broadloom & had it cut to size & added a leather banding.

Here's a look at the new space.









What do you think of this space?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.