Thursday 14 March 2013

Design Board - Project Hair Salon

Yesterday was very productive. I managed to complete my concept design board for 
Project: Hair Salon

At my client meeting I asked everyone to give me in a few words to describe the feeling that they would like the salon space to have.

Here are their words:

fresh
crisp
clean
loft
white
tidy
pretty
minimal
simple
uncluttered
storage

so based on all that, here is what I created


I chose to go with a neutral floor with a light greige colour. I thought it would be very effective with the masking of hair, dust and dirt. As for the walls, ceiling, trim & doors - the whole shabang- is all getting Benjamin Moore Oxford White, a slightly creamy white. 

In the seating area I was thinking about berger chairs, with nail heads and a little leopard.

Lighting is SO important in a design but especially in a hair salon. There will be plenty of pot lights, 3 hanging fixtures to run down the centre of the main room & a sconce on either side of the mirror. In the stair case the floating glass bubble fixture will give a rather boring spot some importance.

New stations will consist of a standing unit with a long mirror on the front to be painted in charcoal grey. The sides have both open and closed storage and slots for all the hot tools. This will help with both the clutter and the storage. The side and interior will be the Oxford White as the walls.

There existing chairs will have some sort of combination of soft turquoise, grey & creamy white.

The hair washing station will have it's entire wall in a turquoise glass tile, a white solid surface counter and some floating shelves for towels.

The washroom is getting wrapped in Cole & Son Palm Leaves wallpaper, a new glossy wall hung vanity & smooth crystal sconces. A pair of french doors with a rod top and bottom fabric treatment will hide the storage space.

There is whole 2nd level that will be for colour application & perms and this will also have 2 shampoo stations. I haven't quite gotten my head around what I would like to do up there, but I have put a little space aside for extensions, piercing and make up. 

There is stil lots to do besides the 2nd level, there is reception, window coverings and the exterior.
I hope that they like what I have put together. 
What do you think?

Hollie xo




1 comment:

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.